Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week one of the MTC

I got my first letter from Erik today, and cutting out all of the mushy stuff, here's what he has to say.
----------------------------------------

I feel strangely buoyed up by the Spirit here. It's amazing how much closer I feel to the Lord I feel after only a few short days.

The Korean language, and Korea in general is totally freaking awesome, and I'm actually picking it up pretty darn quickly. For example I can already say and write "I know Jesus Christ is my salvation" and of course the usual important things like "I love you" and "to be beautiful". Hehe. So yeah, awesome.

The MTC is pretty neat, but yeah, it'll be nice to actually get out there. It's hard believe it's already been a week. 103 more to go! (approximately). The language training here is like, EPIC AWESOME, for example: Day 1: General Korean, Day 2: could pray in Korean, Day 3: could give a full testimony in Korean, etc. etc. So yeah, it's freaking bonkers.

How about this weather, eh? Seriously, its like awesome out here.

Guess what? There's missionaries EVERYWHERE. I think they're trying to nom me or something. I'm already missing a leg, 7 fingers, an ear, and my eggos! OH GOSH HERE THEY COME AGAIN. RUN!!! Naw, they aren't that hungry, the MTC keeps us well fed (once you realize what to eat and what not to eat). I've pretty much settled on L&T type wraps for most of my meals since it isn't all greasy and actually healthy! Yay!

But yeah, life is spiffy-tastic here even though I don't have you with me. But hey, giving the Lord two years for the chance to have you for eternity is definitely worth it..

Elder Erik Heathcote

No comments:

Post a Comment